Our three original worlds + links to other books

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Triumvirate of Toughness


Howdy, fellow adventure lovers, Matthew P. Mayo here. I am pleased and proud to be part of this Meeting of the Mighty Minds, this Triumvirate of Toughness the world will come to know as … The Adventure Factory

The legendary Robert J. Randisi, the all-powerful Marcus Pelegrimas, and I hope to dazzle and wow readers with stories of … well, take a wee tour through the foundations of this site and you'll see just what we'll be up to. It's going to be a cyber-candy shop of kickassedness. 

My own offering, a series of short, action-packed novels featuring my character, Roamer (a misunderstood hulking loner who is on a quest to lose himself in the West), wasn't supposed to be my debut offering to The Adventure Factory. But a funny thing happened on my way in to pop rivets one day…. 

I recently revised and expanded my 2008 novel, WRONG TOWN (Roamer's first appearance), now called WRONG TOWN (ROAMER BOOK 1) and people are doing what they did when the original came out -- they're digging Roamer's action! I couldn't be happier because writing adventures with and for Roamer is some of the most fun I've had as a writer. Good thing, too, as I've received a pile of letters (e-piles, I tell ya!) asking for more Roamer adventures. His next full-length adventure should be ready in late Fall/early Winter 2012. For now, I can tell you that Roamer will be jumping from a sizzling hot frying pan right into brutal flames. The man just cannot keep himself out of danger. 

And if that's not enough Roamer for readers, the series is crossing over with a series of short stories featuring Roamer's mentor, the crusty mountain man, Maple Jack. So far there have been four of these gritty tales with another few planned for release in the near future. 

That's it from me for now, but I welcome you to The Adventure Factory. Feel free to wander around the factory floor, rummage through the bins of pieces and parts, cadge a butt from the maintenance guy…. But watch your head on those low I-beams--they'll leave a mark. See you back here soon.