Our three original worlds + links to other books

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Making the Rounds

Part of the book business has always been marketing. Until recently, however, it was never MY part. Oh,sure I served my time at plenty of signings where I was mistaken for a gift wrapper or other-type employee at whatever store I was at. I talk up my books whenever I can, but there was always a department somewhere I figured was pulling the real load where it came to marketing. Big publishers have those departments, right? Well, yes but they're busy making sure everyone knows about Snookie's newest masterpiece.

So here I am at AF and the marketing is up to us. Turns out it's not so bad. I signed up with Twitter today. I know it's been the craze for quite a while and all the cool kids are doin' it, but I don't usually play well with others. That's why I've dedicated so much time to making up people to play with. If you want to check me out on Twitter, I'm at @Marcpelegrimas. Yes that was two "at's" and no I don't usually go by Marc. It was either that or @MarcusPelegrima. The first one looked better.

Now that  I've entered the Twitterverse or whatever, I've got ANOTHER place to talk about what food is capturing my interest or how much I hate mowing my lawn. Lucky Twitterverse, right?